As I've been getting settled into Des Moines, I've had some time to scope out the shops around here. Because of this, I've developed a list of things I've bought or scoped out. I know I won't end up buying the majority of the things on the list (still putting Travis through school ;) ), but I thought I'd share a few pieces that caught my eye.
- Colorblock Soft Blouse via The Limited, $46.90. The sheer button-up blouse is huge for fall. Expect to see them in jewel tones or color blocked (like this one). Both of those trends are big right now. Dress it up with a skirt for work or wear it with jeans. I've seen this blouse pop up on a bunch of fashion sites, so there aren't very many left on the website. Check in stores if you want this blouse.
- Boat-Neck Sweaters via Old Navy, $24.94. I love polka dots. This sweater comes in a few different colors and patterns. Unfortunately, the polka dot version of this sweater seems to be sold out of my size everywhere! Like the colorblock blouse, this sweater is easy to dress up or down and would look great paired with a blazer.
- Pintuck Bow Blouse via The Limited, $46.90. This blouse also follows the sheer blouse trend (I wear a DownEast wonder tee underneath to make sheer shirts modest). Another huge trend: bows under the collar. If you want to follow this trend but don't want to buy a new shirt, take a button-up collared shirt you already have (a staple in your closet) and loosely tie a ribbon into a bow under the collar of the shirt.
- Ruched Long-Sleeved Jersey Dress via Old Navy, $19.94. I actually bought this dress during the recent 25% off event at Old Navy. I love it—it looks great with boots and it would look great with a blazer to dress it up a little bit. It has a little bit of ruching along the shoulders, which is perfect if you have narrow shoulders like me. It comes in a few different colors as well. If you're interested, I would hurry up on this item because it's flying off of the racks!
- Mossimo Pleated Skirt via Target, $22.99. I saw this dress at Target and wanted it so bad. I didn't get it, though, because I don't have a huge demand anymore for more skirts since I have more than enough to last the rest of my life—and I no longer work in an office environment. I love the pleather detail on the waistband and the beautiful mauve color. Pleated skirts will still be huge going into the fall transition, especially in deeper, more fall appropriate tones like this mauve.
- Mossimo Refined Peplum Dress via Target, $24.99. Saw this at Target and got it immediately. The peplum trend is still going to be huge, and I love this dark teal color. As I mentioned before, jewel tones are huge for fall. The picture doesn't really do this dress justice—the material is great and it fits perfectly. I got a lot of compliments at church when I wore it. Comes in a variety of colors.
- Burgundy Pants via H&M, $24.95. Unfortunately, H&M doesn't have any online shopping set up in the US, so if you want these you'll have to head to the store. Burgundy/wine/bordeaux is the biggest color this fall. I have a variation of these pants (I couldn't find the exact ones I got at H&M on the website) and love the color. The color offers such a rich, fall look to any outfit and can go with essentially any other color or neutral.
- Merona Doubleweave Skirt via Target, $22.99. I have this skirt in basically all of the neutral colors (they almost always have the neutral colors in stock, and they've been great staples when I worked in an office). This skirt fits great and is durable. I love this purple color—still following the jewel tone trend (although a little bit brighter than the exact jewel tone). They have some other fun colors available—I'm eyeing the lime color for next spring/summer. The purple skirt and the lime skirt were both on clearance for $16 at my local Target, although that price isn't listed on the website.
- Mossimo Supply Co. Corduroy Pant via Target, $22.99. These pants were on sale at my local Target for $20. I got the ones in Turquoise (pictured above—they're a deeper shade in person and not so much a mint color as they look above). They're a great way to bring the colored skinny pant into the fall season. I'm so excited to wear these when it gets a bit chillier outside. They have some other awesome colors available (pink, yellow, lavender, etc.). I've also seen these exact corduroy pants (these are a skinny leg style) pop up on a bunch of other fashion blogs, so get them while you can!
This past week I've been compiling a list of some awesome tips to share with all of you. I promise they're coming soon ;)